We celebrated 2018 at CommonBond as our biggest year yet—thanks to you! Our year focused on empowering others, from our member community at home to our social impact abroad. We wanted to share more detail with you here:
Empowering Our Community
Students, graduates, family… friends. From member dinners across the country to college scholarships on the TODAY show, we continued to focus on empowering the CommonBond community. A few highlights:
- Meeting our members at dinners and happy hours across the country. We broke bread and celebrated each other from Phoenix to Philly, San Francisco to New York, and many in between.
- Students, graduates, and parents were surprised with more than $80,000 from CommonBond to help pay off their student debt—including on the TODAY show.
- MBA student Jordan Sale won the 5th annual CommonBond Social Impact Award and $10,000 toward her equal pay startup, 81cents.
- CommonBond acquired NextGenVest to provide students with innovative ways to pay for college.
Empowering the Workforce
Did you know 70 percent of employees say student loan benefits would improve their work? Benefits now not only include physical wellness, but also financial wellness when it comes to helping a company’s most important asset: its employees.
- 1.6 million employees across our employer partners can now receive help paying down debts with our student loan benefits program.
- This year, our white paper, The Missing Benefit in Financial Wellness, revealed our research on the value of employers offering student loan benefits to their employees. For instance, we found that 78 percent of employees would accept a job offer if it included student loan benefits.
- Our 2nd annual Women in Tech Week, officially endorsed by NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio, celebrated women in technology and encouraged the next generation of leaders.
Empowering the World
From day one, we have promised to share our success with others, promoting the values of education. Thank you to our members, without whom this would not be possible.
- We surpassed $1M in donations to Pencils of Promise, providing schools, teachers, and technology to thousands of students in the developing world.
- Four CommonBond members went on our annual trip to Ghana to see our Social Promise in action.
Empowered by You
We wouldn’t be here without our amazing members, partners, and supporters. In 2018, you helped earned us spots on some pretty special lists:
Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
Forbes Fintech 50
CB Insights Fintech 250
TIME’s 50 Genius Companies
We want to thank you for continuing to provide us with the drive to make financial freedom a reality for so many. We can't wait for 2019!
Subscribe to our newsletter: